When temperatures drop and the air becomes drier over Fall season, your skin can quickly become dehydrated and start to look ashy or dull. When your skin responds to the change of the seasons, you need to modify your skincare regimen so that skin stays fresh and radiant.
One of the best things you can do for your skin during the Fall is to exfoliate with a high-quality scrub at least once per week. If you don’t exfoliate at home, head to the day spa for a facial treatment that includes a deep exfoliation because this will get rid of dead skin cells and help your skin appear brighter and more youthful.
Here are six other ways to keep skin looking radiant this Fall:
1. Get more sleep. As the weather changes and we turn back the clocks for Fall, you’ll need to adjust to a new sleep schedule. Make sure you’re getting at least seven to eight hours of quality sleep per night so that your skin can repair itself adequately overnight. You’ll wake up looking and feeling well-rested and it will be easier to maintain that radiant glow throughout the season.
2. Eat more fattening foods. Fall is a great season to incorporate nuts, salmon and fatty tuna into your diet. These foods are high in healthy fats and can help to brighten up a dull complexion. If you can’t eat these foods on a regular basis, consider taking a fish oil or healthy fat supplement so that your skin is not reacting to a fat deficiency.
3. Use a skin brightening mask or serum. Invest in a high quality skin brightening mask or serums that brighten the skin naturally to keep your complexion looking fresh and radiant. Talk to your dermatologist or visit a medical spa for a recommendation. There are now dozens of medical-grade skincare lines that offer skin-brightening products, and these can help you maintain a healthy and radiant look all season long.
4. Steam your face at least once per week. Steaming helps to cleanse the skin and purges the pores of toxins and debris. Steaming your facial skin at least once per week will help to unclog the pores and may also increase circulation to the skin’s surface. This can be very beneficial over Fall season, and help you maintain that radiant glow!
5. Drink more water. It’s easier to skimp on drinking water during the Fall months because you may be drinking more hot beverages and eating fewer water-based foods. Make sure you’re drinking more water throughout the day to keep skin hydrated and looking radiant.
6. Revive dry and stressed skin with the right serum. Your skin may look particularly dry or dull during the Fall because it’s lacking moisture. Invest in a quality moisturizer or serum to restore lost moisture and to maintain a radiant glow.